FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
Follicular Unit Extraction, in other words FUE, is the latest technique in the world and Turkey, that allows us get naturally good results in hair transplant operations.
Like all hair transplant operations, FUE is the operation where the live follicles are taken from the donor area and transferred to the recipient (balding) area.
Under local anesthesia, the operation lasts between 6 and 8 hours with a complete shave of the head. Initially, the grafts are removed from the donor area (back of the head) and sometimes by the sides, using a micro-motor.
Then, the removed grafts are implanted one by one via micro incisions.
Following the hair transplant, scabs will appear and will fall after 6-9 days (period of care and healing). During this period, you can put the hat (given by the clinic) when you are outdoors.
New hair starts to grow after 3 months. Your final result will be obtained after 9-12 months.
The Reasons of preference of Follicular Unit Extraction in FUE technique:
- After the transplanted hair grew up, a person can easily have their hair cut or scraped off. There will be no mark on the hair transplanted area or on the area where follicles are taken.
- If the gaps in the hair are not much, FUE method must be preferred.
- It is a suitable method if there are gaps on the temporal sides of the head.
- It is successfully applied to beard and moustache transplant operations.
- The technique must be preferred especially in brow transplant operations.
- It plays important role in covering up the scars which are caused by cutting the follicles from the nape part.It is applied to people who has insufficient donor areas on their nape parts.
- FUE technique enables us to take hair not only from the area between ears, but all of the hairy areas of the body.
- FUE technique enables us to take hair from the back, beard do hair transplant operation.
- The patients who are too young and have high skin elasticity must prefer FUE technique because of possible formation of large scars in other methods.