HAIR TRANSPLANTATION FOR WOMEN
Hair transplantation is an effective treatment method that creates a positive effect on individuals having hair loss; influencing every aspect of their lives. Hair transplantation is thought as a highly significant treatment as the final result of this procedure will positively contribute particularly to a woman’s physical appearance. Nobody desires to experience hair loss or complete baldness; as it is known to be a medical condition that can leave an individual in a constant state of anxiety, fear and dread. Hair loss can also lead to feelings of extreme psychological distress apart from the negative effects on physical appearance.
This condition affects women much more than men.
A study has showed that; women felt more deep and intense emotions such as shame, fear and humiliation about losing their hair whereas men had a general feeling of sadness about the hair loss condition. In fact, it has also been observed that women have the tendency to have serious psychological problems such as feelings of deficiency in a social environment, spending a lot of time and effort to hide the thinning locks and bald patches or having trouble seizing their hair loss condition. A high percentage of women have also started looking into a hair transplant procedure as a hair loss treatment although the majority of hair transplantation patients are still men. Before we proceed with our topic; ‘hair transplantation for women’, we will address hair loss causes in women and the actions to be taken to keep your hair from falling out.
Causes of Hair Loss in Women
Female pattern hair loss also known as Androgenetic Alopecia, is the most widespread cause of hair loss in women.
Other possible causes of hair loss in women are:
- Having a genetic aptness to hair loss
- Autoimmune diseases
- Variation in hormone levels
- Excessive stress
- Crash dieting/rapid weight loss
- Iron Deficiency
Ways to Prevent Women from Hair Loss
Preventing hair loss can be possible through medical treatments and self-care as well as keeping a healthy diet. Hair loss type of women and the causes of it must be identified before proposing any treatment plan for them. This situation can only be possible with the correct diagnosis made by a specialized doctor. Furthermore, identifying whether or not the condition of hair loss is permanent or temporary and progressive or stable, will also be helpful for selecting the most effective treatment program for the patient.
The primary treatment options suggested to women patients are;
Hair Transplant: Hair transplantation that supplies a permanent solution for hair loss, is the process of extracting follicular units from the donor area (taking place at the back of the head) that are genetically resistant to balding and transplanting into areas of hair-loss on the scalp. This procedure carried out with minimal invasive methods, yields successful results in women with permanent hair loss conditions, as long as they have adequate amounts of donor supply. Hair transplantation, stands out as one of the most favorable remedies amongst women having localized or male-patterned hair loss conditions.
Minoxidil: Minoxidil topical solution is the only androgen-independent medication that has been approved by the FDA. Minoxidil topical solution, implemented to the scalp, is used to induce hair-growth, which, in turn, helps to decelerate as well as stop the progression of hair loss. Women are suggested to use 2% minoxidil topical solution.
PRP: PRP therapy is a non-surgical healing and protective therapeutic alternative for hair loss treatment. PRP involves centrifuging the blood sample of a patient to separate out the red blood cells from the platelet-rich plasma and then injecting this platelet-rich plasma into the treated areas.
Hair Mesotherapy: Hair Mesotherapy is the process of applying small doses of selected medications into the skin by special needles. It is an alternative treatment that is applied to reduce hair loss and promote the growth of hair.
Healthy Diet: Eating a diet rich in protein such as red meat, fish, eggs, wholegrains together with biotin, magnesium, zinc, selenium, vitamins A, E, C and B6, which can be existed in spinach, bananas and greens, can help your hair fill up with nutrients, which, in turn, will strengthen and protect your hair strands.
Hair Transplant for Women
Though the basic principles remain the same,it is important to take their special cases into account when performing hair transplant procedures for women
The stages of hair transplantion for women are;
Women are not required to shave their heads completely before the procedure of hair transplant.
1. First, at the back of the head a small window is created to serve as the harvesting surface; and just this area is shaved. While the existing hair will be concealing the small shaved area, nobody will notice that the patient has undergone the procedure.
2. After the patient is applied local anesthetics with needle-free and painless jet injectors, the follicular units are then extracted with the aid of a micro motor using thin hollow needles having a diameter of 0.6-0.8 mm.
3. Next, the hair follicles are transplanted one by one into the incisions within the recipient site that have been created with precise accuracy, taking into consideration the natural direction and angle of hair growth.
4. The transplantation process is managed by the using of smooth and sharp Sapphire blades.
5. If the hair transplant procedure includes placing the grafts within the existing hair strands, then the transplantation process will be applied with the DHI technique, using a implanter (choi).
6. Hair transplant for women should be made and planned according to individual specifications as with all hair transplant remedies. Therefore, during your consultation period, with the appropriate planning carried out by a specialized doctor, it is very possible to grow back the hair that you have once lost. We offer hair transplantation services for women at Hair Trans Turca Clinic.